Skin changes are a natural part of your teenage years. While you may not have given much thought to your complexion before, times have changed. Now you have to manage oily skin
, pesky pimples, and bold blackheads, which can be a daunting task.Beat Those Blemishes In Your Teens
Nearly 85 percent of all people get blemishes! But knowing you are not the only one is often of little comfort when you get a huge pimple the night before the school play or a big party.5 Ways to Take Care of Your Skin in Your Teens With Skin Care Routine
- Wash Your Face Twice a Day. It is important to cleanse your face once in the morning and once in the evening with a cleanser that contains salicylic acid. Cleansing removes excess oil, bacteria and other impurities and is especially important when you start to wear make-up.
- Exfoliate Your Skin to a Deep Clean. Exfoliating cleansers slough away dead skin. This helps prevent your pores from getting clogged one of the main culprits of pimples and blackheads.
- Try a Cleansing Facial Cloth. If you exercise or play a sport, you may want to do a quick clean after with a cleansing facial cloth. Conveniently stash a pack or two in your locker, purse or gym bag to make quick cleansing a breeze.
- Do Not Cleanse Too Much. When feel that your face is being overtaken by blemishes, you may want to wash it a lot. The truth is washing your face too often strips your skin of much needed moisture, which can lead to more breakouts. Wash your face no more than three times a day at the most.
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize. You may be nervous to add a moisturiser to your routine if you have frequent breakouts. But in fact, moisturisers actually help to hydrate and balance skin. Try a lightweight, oil-free moisturiser twice a day. A moisturiser with broad spectrum SPF protection is also your best bet to ward off sun damage.
These tried and true tips will target current blemishes while helping prevent future breakouts at the source. Establishing a simple skincare routine in your teens will put you on track to maintain healthy looking, beautiful skin for years to come.